"Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."

Sunday, February 28, 2010

What I did today - besides watch hockey


I sat down at the local gaming store and played B/X D&D with A Paladin in Citadel and his son and Roger of Stirges Suck. Hopefully one of the players will post a session summary over at Red Box Calgary. Of course, I forgot to take a picture...

They did an excellent job in the Caves of Chaos using the tactical opportunities available from the cavern layout and killed 23 orcs with only one party fatality!

I had a great time. It was good to sit down with a couple of guys whose blogs I have been following and get some gaming in.

Of course, then I watched the hockey game. I am a very proud Canadian.

7 comments:

  1. That was a pretty exciting game! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my notes, which i will post on the Red Box site, the Calgary Meetup site and my own blog.

    Frankly I was as surprised as anyone at the success we enjoyed. We rolled a lot of 20's!

    Poor Exeter fell in battle, but not before he provided more that his fair share of kills.

    T'was a great time, and it was great finally playing some face-to-face old school D&D with Roger and Pat.

    Poor Roger, rolling a natural 3 for his constitution! That his character survived was the biggest surprise of all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose exeter was aptly named, being the first to exit the game...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe ANY of you Northern Neighbors spent time gaming Sunday with the hockey finals...weren't you drinking all evening?
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a bit of an oops for all three of us.

    Fortunately, I made it home and turned on the TV in time to catch the overtime period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually they had the game on in the FLGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I already thank you for running a great game? Thanks!

    I must have been pretty foggy on Sunday, I did not realize they had the game on in The Sentry Box.

    ReplyDelete